Today is Saturday, I weighed....turns out the week of salads, shoving fluid down my throat, combined with the hours on my feet and the unimaginable boredom at work (did a lot of shifts this week) have paid off and I'm rewarded with 3lbs off :)
I've spent all week avoiding sweets, biscuits, chocolate, junk food, etc - and believe me, I've faced some serious temptation, can hardly turn a corner at work without someone offering you cake or a biscuit. Some people even seem to take it as a challenge when you tell them that you're on a healthy eating plan, I half expect some of my work mates to try and shove biccies down my throat.
Which made me think about a few weeks ago - a work mate (who, incidentally, was thin and kept complaining about how fat she was, but only when sitting next to me) kept offering me a leftover doughnut. I kept turning it down. The cheeky mare even at one point, after I joked about my younger brother being able to eat his own weight in cake whereas I only need to look at the stuff and I put on a stone, asked if I 'ate a lot of cake and junk at home then?'
After about 2 hours of her not getting the message and still trying to get me to eat a stale jam doughnut ('You're SURE you don't want it?' 'You're SURE you don't want this doughnut?' You're SURE you don't want this doughnut? It'll go to waste') all I want to shout at her was: "No. Unbelievable as it may seem, the fat girl does NOT want a sodding doughnut!"
It seems to be that even though being overweight is deemed a sin in the media, tell people you're trying to lose weight and they'll go out of their way to try and tempt you into staying overweight. Or maybe they're meanly testing your willpower, thinking you'll never stick to it and seeing you break down gives them some sort of twisted pleasure.
Well, today I don't care about them.
No comments:
Post a Comment